These very early string-wind drive toys were made from 1889 to 1896 in Germany by Lehmann. Designated EPL 290, it depicts a lady in a “riding chair” or “promenade chair” being pushed about by a gentleman in period attire. Such chairs were common in German society at the time to allow wives to enjoy fairs, expositions and society events that typically took place over large areas. This version shows the lady dressed in brown and orange, with the porter wearing a blue coat and striped pants. The logo behind the lady is round.