These ingenious little toys were made by Lehmann in Germany from 1913-45 and were called EPL 676. It is comprised of two parts. The “bolder head” sits on top and is twisted to wind up a spring attached inside. Upon pushing the release button on top, the toy takes off spinning. Fully working and in nice condition. And it is shown with its sturdy original box with great period litho.